Roshni Nadar, a dynamic leader and influential figure in the business world, was born on March 23, 1982, into the renowned Nadar family in India. As the Executive Director and CEO of HCL Corporation, she has propelled the conglomerate to new heights, steering it through technological advancements and global expansion.
An alumna of Northwestern University and the Kellogg School of Management, Nadar’s strategic acumen and commitment to innovation have garnered widespread recognition.
Beyond her corporate role, this biography explores Roshni Nadar’s philanthropic endeavors, educational initiatives, and her remarkable journey as a trailblazer in the male-dominated realm of technology and business.
Who is Roshni Nadar?
Roshni Nadar is the chairperson, CEO, and richest Indian business women of Indian IT company HCL Technology. She was the 44th richest woman in the India in 2019. Roshni Nadar was born in 1982 to a Hindu business family in Delhi, India. His father’s name is Shiv Nadar who is a businessman, and mother’s name is Kiran Nadar who is a philanthropist woman.
Roshni Nadar Biography / Wiki
Roshni Nadar, also known as “रोिनी नादर,” is a famous Indian businessman, philanthropist, and actress who was born in 1982. People in India know her as the wealthiest woman in the country. In her job at HCL Technology, she is the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Besides this, Roshni and her husband, Shikhar Malhotra, are both trustees of the Shiv Nadar Foundation. The father of HCL’s only daughter, “Shiv Nadar,” runs the family business very well. Many awards and honours were given to her for how well she ran her business.
She was named the NDTV Young Philanthropist of the Year in 2014. After that, in 2017, she was named Vogue India Philanthropist of the Year. Business Today and Forbes World wrote about her as one of the most powerful women in India.
In an official paper released on Friday, July 17, 2020, HCL said that Roshni Nadar Malhotra will be the new Chairman of HCL Technologies. After she beats her father, she becomes chairperson.
She had previously been an Executive Director and the CEO of HCL Enterprise. Shiv Nadar, the father of HCL, only has one child, Roshni.
The sources say she was ranked 54th on the 2019 Forbes list of the world’s 100 most powerful women. The IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List (2019) states that Roshni Nadar is the wealthiest woman in India.
|Real Name||Roshni Nadar Malhotra|
|Nick Name||Roshni Nadar|
|Date of Birth||1982|
|Age||38 Year, as of 2020|
|Hometown||Thiruchendur, Tamil Nadu|
|School||Vasant Valley School, New Delhi, India|
|College / University||The Northwestern University, Evanstone.
The Kellogg School of Management.
|Qualification||Major in Communication Studies,
MBA in Social Enterprise Management
|Net Worth||INR – 60,000 Crores|
|Famous For||Being the richest woman in India|
Roshni Nadar Boyfriend, Husband, Family & More
Roshni Nadar comes from a Hindu family. Her father, Shiv Nadar, started HCL Technologies. After her father retired on July 7, 2020, at 75, Roshni took over as head of HCL. Her mom, Kiran Nadar, loves art and giving back to the community.
Roshni Nadar married Shikhar Malhotra in November 2010. Shikhar is a Vice Chairman and CEO of HCL Healthcare Trustee, Pro-Chancellor of Shiv Nadar Foundation, and trustee of Shiv Nadar University.
He also holds several important positions within the HCL Corporation. They are lucky to have two boys, Armaan (born in 2013) and Jahaan (born in 2017).
|Boyfriend / Affair||Shikhar Malhotra|
|Marital Status||Married (2 February 2014)|
|Husband||Shikhar Malhotra (Executive Director HCL Technologies)|
|Children||Daughter – N/A
Son – Armaan Malhotra (B. 2013)
|Parents||Father Name – Shiv Nadar
Mother Name – Kiran Nadar
|Sibling||Brother Name – None
Sister Name – None
Roshni Nadar Physical Stats & More
|Height||in centimeters: 167 cm
in meters: 1.67 m
in feet inches: 5’ 5”
|Weight(approx)||in kilograms: 68 kg
in pounds: 150 lbs
|Figure measurements||32-28-33 inches|
- Home Address – Mumbai Maharashtra, India
- Phone Number – Not Allow
- Trustee – Shiv Nadar Foundation
- Email ID – [email protected]
- Facebook – @ Roshni Nadar
- Instagram – @ Roshni Nadar
- Twitter – @roshninadar
- Website – https://www.hcltech.com
Life Story & Career
Roshni Nadar was born in 1982 in a business family in Delhi. His father’s name is Shiv Nadar who was the founder of HCL Technology. And his mother’s name is Kiran Nadar. She is an art collector and philanthropist.
Being the only child of parents, she was very well looked after. Roshni Nadar did her early education at Vashant Valley School in Delhi. She then enrolled at Northwestern university. From there, she received his graduation in Mass Communication.
After obtaining a bachelor’s degree, she moved to London. Started working at the Sky News as a news reporter and producer there. She quit working at the Sky News after working for some time. Then headed to USA. Received a master’s degree in business administration at Keylong School of Management in Illinois, USA.
Roshni was talented since childhood. So, she also got scholarship for studies. She also received many prize in competition during studies. After coming back to India, she started working with father in HCL company. And gradually she became the CEO of the HCL company.
At the same time, she met Shikhar Malhotra , the company’s executive director and deputy chairman of HCL’s Helth Care. They dated each other for 7 years. And got married in November 2010 after permission from his parents. Celebrities attended his wedding.
Thus in 2013, 2 children born in marital life, in which the elder son is named Armaan Malhotra and the younger son is named Jahan Malhotra.
Major Facts of Roshni Nadar
- Did Roshni Nadar drink alcohol – No
- Did Roshni smoke – No
- Roshni Nadar is an Indian businesswoman who is thought to be the first woman in India to run a publicly traded IT company. She is the head of HCL Technologies. Forbes named her the wealthiest woman in India in 2020, and she stayed on top of the list in 2021.
- She knows how to play traditional music. Besides that, she loves reading and travelling.
- Shiv Nidar and Kiran Nidar only have one child.
- Roshni is very private but joined social media for the first time after being named head of HCL Technologies.
- There has never been a woman in charge of an Indian publicly traded IT company before Roshni Nadar!
- Based on the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List (2019), Roshni Nidar has a net worth of Rs 36,800 crore, making her the wealthiest woman in India. With a net value of Rs. 54,850 crores, she was India’s richest woman again in 2020.
- She is a director for the Shiv Nadar Foundation. Shiv Nadar started the organization in 1994.
- Kiran Nadar, her mother, loves collecting art and giving money to good causes. She started the Kiran Nadar Museum of Art in Delhi and Noida. There is a museum in Delhi that is 18000 square feet and is India’s biggest private museum.
- Roshni Nadar worked as a Functioning and Programming for CNN America and SKY News UK before she joined HCL. She did this while using her college degree in Communication from Northwestern University, Illinois.
- Roshni spends more time in nature when she has some time off from her busy life. Because she loves animals so much, she started The Habitats Trust in 2018 to help protect them. The trust wants to help protect India’s natural habitats and native species by giving grants to groups and people working on this cause.
- Being a trustee of the Shiv Nadar Foundation, Roshni Nadar has made considerable educational changes. The foundation handles several projects and organizations, including SSN Institutions, Vidyagyan Leadership Academy, Kiran Nadar Museum of Art, Shiv Nadar University, Shiv Nadar School, and Shiksha Initiative.