Anurag Kashyap, a name synonymous with bold and innovative filmmaking in Indian cinema, is a trailblazing director, screenwriter, producer, and actor. With a penchant for pushing cinematic boundaries and addressing taboo subjects, he has redefined storytelling in Bollywood.
Kashyap’s career is marked by critically acclaimed films like “Gangs of Wasseypur” and “Dev.D,” which have left an indelible mark on the industry. His unique approach to storytelling and a fearless exploration of societal issues have earned him both acclaim and controversy.
In this article, we delve into the life and cinematic journey of Anurag Kashyap, a visionary filmmaker who continues to shape the landscape of Indian cinema.
Who is Anurag Kashyap ?
Anurag Singh Kashyap is an Indian film director, writer and producer. He is best known as a director of Bollywood films. Anurag Kashyap was born on 10 September 1972 in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India. His father’s name is Mr. Prakash Singh and brother’s name is Abhinav Kashyap. He has a sister named Anubhuti Kashyap.
Anurag Kashyap first married film editor Aarti Bajaj in 2003. His daughter Aaliyah Kashyap was born to him. However, the relationship did not last long and the two took divers in 2009.
Kashyap was left alone now. He met Kalki Koechlin at Ooti when he was engaged in directing the film “Dev D”. He married Kalki Koechlin in 2011 after being in relation for a few months. However, he was unable to work due to bonding in a marriage relationship, so he got divorced in 2015.
- The relationship between Anurag Kashyap and actress Huma Qureshi was discussed on social media. However Huma Qureshi said in his interview that he is a very good director. Yes, I also sit with them, but there is nothing like that. All these things are rumours.
- Some videos about actress Payal Ghosh and Anurag Kashyap went viral on social media, in which Payal Ghosh told something about what Anurag Kashyap has done to us. Anurag is giving clarification about this matter.
Anurag Kashyap Biography/Wiki
Director and screenwriter Anurag Kashyap has received numerous accolades for his work in Indian cinema. Black Friday (2004), a controversial and award-winning Hindi film on the 1993 Bombay bombings, established him as a director; subsequent works by him include No Smoking (2007), Dev D (2009), and Gulaal (2009).
The Filmfare Award-winning Satya (1998) and the Academy Award-nominated Canadian feature Water (2005) were both written by him. He has a reputation for being one of the most prolific and adaptable directors working in modern Hindi cinema. Kashyap took home the Star Screen Award for Best Screenplay in 1999 for his work on Satya.
His short film, Last Train to Mahakali, won the Special Jury Award at the same ceremony the following year. Black Friday, his first feature film, won the Grand Jury Prize at the 3rd Annual Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles (2005) and was a nominee for the Golden Leopard (Best Film) at the 57th Locarno International Film Festival (2004).
|Profession||Screen Writer, Director|
|Real Name||Anurag Singh Kashyap|
|Date of Birth||10 September 1972|
|Age||49 Year, as 2021|
|Birthday||10 September / Year|
Uttar Pradesh, India.
|School||Green School Deharadun,
Scindia School Gwalior,
|College / University||Hans Raj College Delhi,
|Net Worth||USD$ 115 – 120 Million,
INR 100 crore.
|Salary||INR 10 crore / Film|
|Debut||1. Director:– Paanch (Unreleased),
2. Producer:– Udaan (2010),
3. Actor:– Black Friday ( 2010).
|Famous For||Best Director and Screen writer|
Anurag Kashyap Girlfriend, Wife, Family & More
In 2003, Anurag Kashyap tied the knot with Aarti Bajaj, a prominent film editor. Although their daughter resulted from their brief marriage, the pair separated in 2009.
Afterwards, in 2011, he tied the knot with famous actress Kalki Koechlin; nevertheless, the couple divorced in 2015 after only four years of marriage.
|Wife / Spouse||Aarti Bajaj (2003-2009),
Kalki Koechlin (2011-2015)
|Children||Son – None
Daughter – Aaliyah Kashyap
|Parents||Father – Prakash Singh
Mother – Update Soon
|Sibling||Brother – Abhinav Kashyap
Sister – Anubhuvi Kashyap
Anurag Kashyap Physical Status & More
|Height||in centimeters: 178 cm
in meters: 1.78 m
in feet inches: 5’ 11”
|Weight(approx)||in kilograms: 85 kg
in pounds: 187 lbs
|Chest : 38 Inches
Waist : 32 Inches
Biceps : 12 Inches
Anurag Kashyap Award and Honours
- Screen Award for the best Screenplay, along with Saurabh Shukla for “Satya” – 1999.
- Special Jury Award for Sort film “Last Train to Mahakali”- 2000.
- Grand Jury Prize for Debut Film ” Black Friday”.
- Golden Leopard Award (Best Film).
- Best Story and Screen Play Award for “Udaan”.
- Filmfare Award for best Dialogue.
- Filmfare Award for best Editing with Abhijit Kokate for “Queen”.
Anurag Kashyap Favorites
|Color||Red and Black|
|Car Collection||Mahindra XUV500 SUV|
Anurag Kashyap Life Story
Anurag Kashyap was born on 10 September 1972 in a middle family in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India. His father Shri Ram Prakash Singh was posted as an engineer in the State Electricity Department. Anurag was very talented among the three siblings. Since childhood, he wanted to become a scientist.
He did his schooling from Green School, Dehradun, Scindia School Gwalior Madhya Pradesh. He wanted to become a scientist. So he chose the science subject and in science itself he was graduating from Hansraj College Delhi in Zoology.
During schooling, Anurag joined the street play group Dramat Manch and performed many plays. At the same time, the International Film Festival was to be held in Delhi. He was strongly influenced by the film festival.
Watched more than 50 movies at the same time. Influenced by the films, a new desire was awakened in the mind. Therefore, to step into Bollywood, he left everything in Delhi in 1993 and went to Mumbai with ₹ 5000 in his pocket.
In Mumbai, I wandered here and there in search of work but could not find any work. So gradually all the rupees were also depleted. Those days were going through a lot of difficulties for him. Spent many months sleeping on the bench and by the sea.
During that time he also stayed in the Boys Hostel of St. Xavier’s School. In Mumbai itself, Anurag made a mark in Prithvi Theater and started doing script writing work there for free. Being good at writing, he also used to get money for writing which gave him some relief.
Anurag Kashyap Career
Anurag Kashyap is an Indian film director, writer, producer, and actor. In the late 1990s, he began his career as a scriptwriter for several hit Bollywood movies. He helped establish Phantom Films in 1997.
His first picture, ‘Paanch’ (2003), was prohibited at first because of its contentious nature and marked his debut as a director.
The film “Black Friday” (2007), which he directed and was based on the 1993 attacks in Mumbai, brought him significant attention.
He has since directed numerous additional critically acclaimed films, including 2009’s “Dev.D,” 2012’s “Gangs of Wasseypur,” and 2018’s “Sacred Games.” He has also produced several critically acclaimed films, such as “Queen” (2014) and “Udta Punjab” (2016).
Kashyap based the 2016 film Raman Raghav 2.0 on the real-life serial killer of the same name. In 2018, his next film, the sports drama Mukkabaaz, was released. In India’s first Netflix Original series, Sacred Games, he was co-director with the romance drama Manmarziyaan.
The film Sacred Games was adapted from Vikram Chandra’s novel of the same name. Additionally, he is a founder member of the Good Bad Films production firm.
Renowned filmmaker Anurag Kashyap is known for narrating stories uniquely and exploring controversial topics, including politics, crime, and corruption. He’s received many awards for his efforts in the film industry, including multiple National Film Awards and Filmfare Awards.
He has established himself as one of India’s most innovative and influential directors, and his films consistently test the boundaries of Indian cinema.
- Home Address – Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- Phone Number – +919170039508
- Email ID – [email protected]
- Facebook – Anurag Kasyap 2.0
- Instagram – anuragkashyap10
- Twitter – @anuragkashyap72
- Wikipedia – Anurag Kashyap
Major Facts Of Anurag Kashyap
- Does Anurag Kashyap drink alcohol – Yes
- Does Anurag Kashyap smoke – Yes
- In 1993, after finishing college, he became a member of the Jana Natya Manch, a street theatre troupe. He went to the festival that year and saw 55 films over 10 days.
- The film ‘Bicycle Thieves’ by Vittorio De Sica had the most significant impact on him.
- He was an early mover in India’s independent film scenes in the 2000s and is now considered an auteur.
- Filmmaker Zoya Akhtar said, “He has a powerful storytelling style, and he proved that you could tell a great story with little money.”
- Canadian film reviewer Cameron Bailey has named Kashyap “one of the most knowledgeable filmmakers.”
- Danny Boyle, a British filmmaker, has complimented Kashyap’s directing and even ripped off some of Kashyap’s techniques in his Oscar-winning film, Slumdog Millionaire.
- He has no faith in any higher power. He declared, “I am an Atheist.” I worship only the silver screen.
- Kashyap sits on the board of the non-governmental organization Aangan, which works to safeguard marginalized children in India.
- His hobbies include reading, writing, swimming, and music.
I have faith that you’ve been informed about certain aspects of Anurag Kashyap’s life journey. Please contemplate sharing this post and sharing your thoughts in the comments section. Additionally, keep yourself connected to our website, Biography VIP, for upcoming updates.