Nathan Chen, the American figure skating sensation, has taken the world by storm with his extraordinary talent and groundbreaking performances on the ice. Hailing from Salt Lake City, Utah, Chen’s rise to the pinnacle of the sport has been nothing short of meteoric.
Known for his technical prowess, innovation, and remarkable consistency in executing quadruple jumps, he has redefined the boundaries of figure skating. Chen’s journey from a young prodigy to a world champion and Olympian is a story of dedication, resilience, and an unwavering commitment to excellence.
In this article, we delve into the inspiring career of Nathan Chen, celebrating his remarkable achievements and contributions to figure skating.
Who is Nathan Chen?
Nathan Chen is a professional American figure skater who has set a new Olympic record by winning the gold medal in figure skating at the 2022 Beijing Olympics. He has been the world champion in the year 2018, 2019, and 2022. He is also a six-time US National Champion and a 2014 World Junior bronze medalist. Continue reading for more information on Nathan Chen.
Nathan Chen Biography / Wiki
Nathan Chen was born on 5 May 1999 in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA. His Chinese name is Chen Wei. His father’s name is Zhidong Chen, who is a medical researcher. And mother’s name is Hetty Wang, who is a medical translator. Both immigrated from China and settled in the United States.
He has a total of four siblings named Tony Chen, Colin Chen, and Janice Chen. Nathan Chen’s age in 2022 is 23 years. His citizenship is American. Nathan Chen attended West High School in Salt Lake City and World High School in California and graduated from California Connections Academy.
He also trained in figure skating as well as Baile. So he used to participate in gymnastics at the regional level. Chen has been majoring in statistics and data science at Yale University since 2018. He took leave to compete in the Beijing Olympics.
|Full Name||Nathan Wei Chen|
|Net Worth||$2.5 Million|
|Date of Birth||5 May 1999|
|Age||23 Years Old|
|Birth Place||Salt Lake City, Utah, United States|
|Currently Live In||Salt Lake City, Utah|
|Hometown||Salt Lake City, United States|
|School/High School||World High School, California
West High School, Utah
|College/University||California Connections Academy, Yale University|
Nathan Chen Net Worth
2022 Beijing Olympics gold medalist Nathan Chen has become the 7th person from the US to win a gold medal in figure skating in 2022. Chan has an estimated net worth of $5 million in 2022. He has received a major part of the amount with the endorsement of some leading brands. After winning gold, their support price is going to increase more.
|Net Worth||$2.5 million|
|Source Of Income||Sports-Skater|
Nathan Chen Girlfriend, Wife, Family & More
Both Nathan Chen’s father, Mr. Zhidong Chen, a research scientist, and his mother, Mrs. Hetty Wang, a medical translator, have distinguished careers in their respective fields.He is the youngest of five children; his older siblings are named Colin, Janice, and Tony Chen.Nathan Chen is currently single. In 2016, he dated figure skater Amber Glenn, and in 2017, he dated Japanese skater Mai Mihara. He is currently single and not seeing anyone.
|Father Name||Zhidong Chen|
|Mother Name||Hetty Wang|
|Brother Name||Colin Chen
|Sister Name||Alice Chen
|Girlfriend||Amber Glenn (Ex)
Mai Mihara (Ex)
Nathan Chen Height & Physical Stats
Nathan Chan’s body height is 168 cm or 5 feet 6 inches. His body weight is around 61 kg or 135 lbs. His eye color is black and his hair color is light brown. His body size is not available. He owns an agile body.
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||May 5, 1999|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Nathan Chen Career
He first began skating professionally in 2002. Marina Zoueva, Evgenia Chernyshova, Stephanie Grosscup, Karel Kovar, and Amanda Kovar were among the instructors he studied under. Previously, Shae-Lynn Bourne served as his choreographer.
Team USA sponsors, including Comcast, Toyota, Visa, and Bridgestone, are among Chen’s eleven contracts. Nathan Chen started figure skating at the age of 3 along with his sister. For the first time in 2003 participated in a figure skating competition. As a teenager, he used to compete at intermediate levels.
Ranked 10th in the Junior Nationals in 2007 and 2008 in the youth competition and the Intermediate Men’s Silver Medal in the Junior Nationals in 2009. He became the youngest champion in US figure skating history at the age of 10.
Nathan Chen Accomplishments:
Highlights of his accomplishments are shown below.
- Winning the 2017 Rostelecom Cup Grand Prix for the first time (Moscow)
- First victory in a Grand Prix Finals (third American in the history to do so)
- Championships of the United States of America for 2018 (gained his seven quadruple jumps)
- The Winter Olympics will be held in 2018 (bronze medal for one of the youngest male figure skaters)
- Figure skating’s World Championships will be held in 2018 (broke the record of 320 points after Yuzuru Hanyu)
- Internationaux de France (ICF) and Skate America (SA) (winner)
- The Grand Prix Finals of 2018-19 (consecutive gold medals at the event after Evgeni Plushenko, Patrick Chan, and Yuzuru Hanyu)
- He is the first male figure skater to win three consecutive national championships since Johnny Weir.
- The next World Championships will be held in 2019 in Japan (broke the world record for free skates and total score with 216.02 and 323.42 points)
- The World Team Trophy for 2019 has been announced (gold medal)
- The last race of the Grand Prix (first single to win eight straight Grand Prix after Evgeni Plushenko, the first skater to win all Grand Prix events in the third consecutive season)
- The 2020 U.S. Championships (winner)
- In 2022, Chen went to the World Championships, but the epidemic outbreak ruined it all. Despite the epidemic, they resumed the Grand Prix series after a brief silence.
- In this regard, Chen attended and won both the short program and the free skate in the competition. Ultimately, he’s taking a vacation from school to concentrate on the Olympics, which is the ultimate aim for everyone.
- Recently, Nathan Chen won the men’s figure skating title at the 2021 World Figure Skating Championships. He started the competition in third place behind Japan’s Yuzuru Hanyu, but by 29.11 points, he overcame him.
- On January 8th, 2022, Chen established a short program record in the United States Figure Skating Championships. His impressive footwork and spins earned him 115.39 points back then. Not to note, he achieved a national register of 114.13 in 2020 with a score of 115.39.
- House Address – Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.
- Phone Number – Update Soon
- Email Id – Update Soon
- Facebook – Click Here
- Instagram – Click Here
- Twitter – Click Here
- Wikipedia – Click Here
Major Facts Of Nathan Chen
- Does Nathan Chen alcohol – Update Soon
- Does Nathan Chen smoke – Update Soon
- Chen cites Michelle Kwan and Kristi Yamaguchi as two notable Asian skaters who encouraged him to remain at it as a kid. On the ice, Chen acknowledges feeling pressure but reports feeling at ease and confident in his performance.
- Because Salt Lake City hosted the 2002 Winter Olympics, Chen could start training on the Olympic ice rink at a young age, where he could witness the world’s best figure skaters perform their jumps and spins.
- The Olympic medallist has ballet training, which he claims improves his skating. He supplemented his skating skills as a kid with ballet lessons, and he claims that the cross-training has helped him perform better on the ice.
- Chen studies statistics and data science at Yale University while not skating or practising dance. After the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics, he will return to school as a rising junior, having taken the previous two years off to prepare and focus on competing.
- When getting ready for a competition, he follows a strict protocol, from listening to Eminem to putting on his left skate before his right.
- Chen has set a benchmark for himself throughout his years as a professional skater that other skaters could never hope to achieve despite his many accomplishments and honours.