Dolly Parton, an enduring icon of country music and American culture, is a name that resonates with generations. Her illustrious career, spanning over six decades, has seen her rise to legendary status as a singer, songwriter, actress, and philanthropist.
Known for her distinctive voice, heartfelt storytelling, and larger-than-life personality, Dolly has transcended the boundaries of her genre, becoming a beloved figure in the global music industry. Her timeless classics like “Jolene” and “I Will Always Love You” continue to captivate audiences.
Beyond her music, her philanthropic efforts, including the Imagination Library, showcase her commitment to education and literacy. In this article, we explore the extraordinary life and enduring legacy of Dolly Parton, an iconic figure whose influence spans far beyond the realm of entertainment.
Dolly Parton Biography/Wiki
|Nickname||Dolly Rebecca Parton|
|Date of Birth||19-Jan-1946|
|Age in 2023||77|
|Birth Place||Pittman Center, Tennessee, U.S.|
|Famous as||Singer, Songwriter, Multi-Instrumentalist, Actress, Author, Businesswoman, And Humanitarian|
Dolly Parton Parents, Siblings, Husband, Kids
|Father||Robert Lee Parton|
|Mother||Avie Lee Owens|
|Spouse||Carl Thomas Dean|
Dolly Parton Height, Weight, Body Stats
|Body||41-25-38 inches (approx.)|
|Chest||41 inches (approx.)|
|Waist||25 inches (approx.)|
|Hips||38 inches (approx.)|
|Centimeters||152 cm (approx.)|
|Kilograms||48 kg (approx.)|
|Pounds||105 lbs (approx.)|
|Shoe Size||5 US (approx.)|
|Bra Size||36 D (approx.)|
Dolly Parton Net Worth
American Dolly Parton sings, writes songs, acts, writes books, runs a business, and helps people. The amount of money Dolly Parton has is $650 million. She has written and sung hit country songs for over 40 years. She has had 25 #1 country songs and 41 albums that made the top 10.
Dolly Parton Career
Whitney Houston covered Dolly’s songs “9 to 5” and “I Will Always Love You” for the movie The Bodyguard, which made her famous. Aside from her work with other artists, she has sold over 100 million records. And that doesn’t count the hundreds of millions of albums other singers have sold with her songs on them.
Dolly has spent much of her money in her home state of Tennessee through charitable work and business ventures. Three million people visit her theme park yearly, making it the 24th most popular in the US. She had given or raised hundreds of millions of dollars for many different organizations.
Dolly signed with Monument Records when she was 19 years old in 1965. Her first job was to promote herself as a bubble gum pop singer. Her first pop hits didn’t do well. Another artist, Bill Phillips, sang one of her country songs, which got to #6 on the country charts. This made Monument Records finally see the light and give up their pop hopes for Dolly.
“Dumb Blonde,” Dolly’s first song as a country artist, got to #24 on the country chart. It’s funny that she didn’t write this song. It’s one of the few songs Dolly made during this time that she didn’t write herself. “Something Fishy,” her second song, got to #17.
“Hello, I’m Dolly,” Dolly’s first studio record came out in 1967 and had these two songs on it. Some songs she wrote that other artists made famous were also on the album, but she sang them herself. On the Billboard Hot Country Albums list, it got as high as #11.
Dolly Parton Favourites
- Fried okra, green beans, and pork roast are her favourite foods.
- ‘A Smoky Mountain Christmas’ and ‘Shine on with Reese’ are her favourite TV shows.
- She likes the movies “9 to 5” and “Joyful Noise.”
- Pink is her favourite colour.
- These actors are her favourites:
- The Porter Wagoner
- Toni Ronstadt
- Taking a stand
- She likes the Song and Hearth Restaurant at Dollywood.
- The makeup she loves most is from the company “MAC.”
- Mary Ky Perfume is her favourite.
- She likes Salena Gomez in this new age.
Some Facts About Dolly Parton
- She does meditation every morning.
- Every day, she drinks green tea once or twice.
- A lot of Berries are what she eats.
- Her favourite food is “Greens.”
- She sleeps every night for six to eight hours.
- She does yoga daily.
- Water is life, so she drinks a lot of it.
- She is brilliant and beautiful because she plays many strategy games.
- When she was seven, Dolly Parton used a guitar she made herself to learn how to play.
- A singer named Miley Cyrus has Dolly Parton as her mom.
- In 1984 and 2018, Parton got two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. She is also responsible for the Grammy winners’ lead on the Nashville StarWalk.
- Two times, Dolly has been named Tennessean of the Year.
- Time magazine named the singer one of the 100 most influential people in the world for 2021.
- Dolly once lost a contest to see who looked most like her. Do you believe it?
- She likes to cook and shares her favourite recipes with her friends on social media.
I hold a strong conviction that you are well-acquainted with particular details of ‘Dolly Parton’ Biography. I encourage you to share this post and voice your opinions in the comments. Furthermore, please maintain your connection with our website, Biography VIP, for upcoming updates.